Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides cost estimates, materials estimate for projects.
- Accountable for monitoring the progress of project Post and process Journal to ensure all business transactions entries are done through the ERP.
- Maintain company ledgers and daily transactions entries.
- Update project stock and applicators records.
- Prepare and submit weekly / monthly reports applicable.
- Responsible for managing the financial activities that occur throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Collecting and analyzing data about a company’s operational costs
- Setting standard costs of manufactured goods
- Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis, including for small businesses
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
- Performing account reconciliations
- Preparing reports and presenting their findings to management
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
Salary: 2500 USD plus per month + Local allowance and shared accommodation (Bachelor Status)
Air Ticket and LTA once a year
Desired Candidate Profile
- Proficiency in Accounting Software (Tally and ERP) and Microsoft Office suite.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good team player.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal, Self-Management and Leadership skills
- Strong sense of professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect trade secret
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Import & Export
Functional AreaFinance & Accounting
Role CategoryAccounting & Taxation
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:ICWA (CMA) in Any Specialization
The Search House (A Div of JSD Search House Pvt. Ltd.)
Our client, based in Lagos Nigeria is a global trading company with an active presence in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia, specialized in supplying Nigeria and West African clients with globally sourced products and services that are critical to laying the foundations for a modern economy. They deal in Steel ,Chemicals, Grains, Foodstuffs (salt, sugar, rice etc.) and Animal feed to its various clients on request, agricultural inputs from fertilizers to tractors and Agriculture -Contract farming. The company has an extensive partnership network to ensure accurate, on-time and cost effective delivery. A strong growth outlook for the area will result in substantial expansion in years to come.
Contact Company:The Search House (A Div of JSD Search House Pvt. Ltd.)
Reference Id:Cost Accountant - Diversified Business Group Lagos, Nigeria